Saturday, August 28, 2010

last coached training run

so today was the last coached training before i leave for my race... it was ok.

today the scheduled training run was 4 - 16 miles (depending on which run you were training for) with staggered start times so everyone finished around the same time. i was scheduled for the last group running 4 - 6 miles~ good thing because my alarm woke me up at 5:30am... yes too early. went back to bed and i slept in until 7:30am... too late. i got up, threw on my gear and sunscreen... forgot my handkerchief... and jumped in my car. i followed the directions in my training packet and made good time, since not much traffic to get to the suburbs... except for the fact that when i got there and parked, it was the wrong place. luckily it was the 2nd water stop and they gave me directions to get to the start... up the hill hard left, up the hill, down the hill veer right... um, i'm screwed. didn't know if i should just turn around and go home. there were no signs, no nothing. luckily, i wasn't the only lost/late person, because the only reason i found the start was that i spotted 2 TNT people stretching next to a police car (don't ask about the police car... different story). i checked in and got to the trail. all in all i didn't really start until 8:45am. i did see one of the mentors on their way back and was told that coach said to only run 4 miles.

only 4?! ok... i suppose we are supposed to taper. i passed the 2 people i started with and ran alone. no problem. the trail was marked well. my pace was ok. i passed the water stop, got to mile 2 and turned around. that's when i saw wendy (she's the 1 of 3 people on my team who is running kauai. the 3rd is a ninja and i've never met him - heard he was cute, so i'm sure i'd remember). we ran back together at the split was a little faster.

i talked to my coach about how i hurt my knee. he said i should be okay, but i'm on an ice regiment and and anti inflammatory for the rest of the week. i got my race packet and new purple people singlet for next week. by this time the food spread was out, but i felt guilty... didn't work up a sweat

how can last weeks' run with hills feel so good and today... just ok.

i kind of feel like i cheated. i'm not winded. my knee is sore. i told a friend that my run sucked, and he laughed and called me little miss sunshine. i mean, it was fine. i did 10 minute miles. maybe a little sad because it is my last official workout.

little miss sunshine, sweat pea, peanut... this girl is gonna do the damned thing! this next week is about rest, hydration & hawaii!


4 miles
40:38 minutes
10:09 minute miles

No comments:

Post a Comment