Thursday, September 2, 2010

banned from the track

i woke up this morning at 4:30am and realized that i'm not allowed to go to 5:50am track practice today. no hill repeats. no circuit drills. no monster hill climb. no 180 steps/minute... more sleep. i'm kind of sad (and yes i'm crazy).

not that my day isn't full... so i went back to bed and got up at 7am. last day at work and lots to be done! month end reports. payroll. meetings with my team. plus had to get my dad from his 1st rituxan treatment. he seemed ok. it took 5 hours and they had to stop half way through because he was having a reaction to it. but he seemed fine. called my mom to let her know we're back and he still has all 10 fingers and 10 toes, etc. once he was home and settled, i hurried home (except traffic was not my friend - who plans a 49er & raider game on the same thursday?!) got home. changed and did my easy 20 minute run per the taper down training schedule. again, i didn't want to deal with driving anymore so i did my old run from home to starbucks and back. it was another hot day and my last run before my 1/2 marathon, but no time to get sentimental. i had to get back in the car and go to sportsbasement and get gu and other odds and ends before the trip (and no, traffic was not better later in the evening). it's past 11pm and i'm still going... gotta finish this report for work. gotta clean and pack... and eat! did i tell you that i need to be at the airport in 5 hours?! eek! i'll sleep on the plane.

1.8 miles
17:38 minutes
<10 minutes a mile

No comments:

Post a Comment